Friday, 14 April 2017

Gov. Calvo pardons two men as part of Second Chance Initiative

Written by 

Submit to DiggSubmit to FacebookSubmit to Google PlusSubmit to StumbleuponSubmit to TwitterSubmit to LinkedIn
Governor Eddie Calvo’s Second Chance Initiative has already led to him pardoning two men.

Guam - A release names the first individual as Michael Perez, who was convicted of theft by receiving as a misdemeanor in 1994, but has been employed by the same company for more than 22 years.  Adelup says he also works a second job “to ensure he’s able to provide for his children’s education and other needs.”

Also pardoned by the Governor: Christian Toves, who was convicted of driving under the influence in 2012.  The administration says he requested the executive action so he could move forward in his current occupation, and that Toves volunteers as a multi-sport coach for island youth.

The Governor has put out a public call for those who need a second chance at a better life to request a pardon from him.  Officials say they’re encouraged by the response so far.  Formal letters should be sent to This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it., or those interested can call 735-4133 for more information on Calvo’s initiative.

Login to post comments