Guam News - Guam News
Guam - The Guam Power Authority has announced that as of Wednesday, March 6th, over 28,823 smart meters have been installed at the homes or businesses of GTA customers.
APEX, the GPA contracted meter installation vendor, continues installing residential and small commercial new advanced digital meters in the main part of Piti Village from Nimitz Hill Estates towards War in Pacific Park Memorial, Turner Road toward top of Nimitz Hill, parts of Asan Village.
Customers in the areas listed are advised to please allow access to meter base locations e.g. locked gates, inaccessible meters etc. Customers can contact APEX to schedule meter installation at 1-855-437-7356 (menu directory with local operator).
• You'll be sent a postcard to let you know work is beginning in your area.
• You will need to make sure there is 3-foot clearance around the meter.
• There will be only a brief power outage while meters are switched.
• You may need to reset some devices such as clocks.
• You do not have to be home when the meters are exchanged.
• The meter personnel may come more than once.
• Your next power bill will show usage from both old and new meters.
Upcoming village meeting are scheduled as follows and reminders will be sent to media:
1. 7 March 2013 Agat Senior Citizens Center;
2. 14 March 2013 Umatac Mayor’s Office;
3. 19 March 2013 Malesso Senior Citizens Center;
4. 21 March 2013 Inarajan Mayor’s Office
For more information on the Guam Power Authority’s Smart Energy Guam Initiative, please visit http://guampowerauthority.com/smart_energy_home.html
|< Prev||Next >|